Friday, September 30, 2011

Child-like Faith - ask a child

Every Sunday morning in our worship service, we all participate in a "Call to Worship". It involves a leader reading a statement, and everyone else reads a bolded line in response. In this we unite and center our hearts. Last Sunday, I taught Sunday School for the children's class and we wrote our own call to worship. They blew me away! Adorable does not begin to describe these kids, and blessed does not even cover how I felt as I learned from them. When I told them we were going to write our own call to worship, I asked them to tell me something that is true about God, and then we would write a response of how we felt about that. I only asked questions and helped with sentence structure; this is 100% child created. 


First Christian Church, Children's Call to Worship:


Leader: Jesus, You died on the cross.
All: And for that we are thankful.
Leader: You love us no matter what.
All: And for that we are grateful and blessed.

Leader: Creation is awesome!
All: We love You!

No comments: