Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let the words come alive


Notes From the Pastor...

Kristyn and I enjoy watching the NBC talent show The Voice; one thing we have noticed the coaches continually tell their team members when they perform a song, is they have to believe and experience the words even if they did not write the lyrics. Sometimes this is a difficult position even for talented vocalists.  The lyrics at times tell a story that is disingenuous to their life experience; yet they must find some part of the
song that they believe and connect with in order to become passionate about the message they are conveying.

On a higher, holier level there are significant portions of scripture that, even though I have studied their authorship, context, historical setting, and grammar, I have difficulty relating to and participating within my life’s journey.  With that said, recently a small portion of Ephesians has come alive within me.  At the end
of the letter to the church in Ephesus, the author (traditionally Paul) says,

“Peace be to the whole community, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  Grace be with all who have an undying love for our Lord Jesus Christ.”  

These words have come to mean everything I wish for the family of faith gathered at First Christian Church Ruidoso.  Peace, and love with faith, is my heart’s prayer.   I am blessed to be your pastor, and I celebrate all the tangible ways we are an open, inclusive, Christ-centered family of faith!  You are gracious with one another, patiently trusting that the Holy Spirit works in the life of all our members.  You give grace to anyone and everyone through the undying love of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I see within you the practice of peace and love with faith.

Without a doubt my growing family is blessed to be part of this large family of faith!

Grace be with all,
Ryan

No comments: