Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Father, can you hear me?

Have you seen the movie, Diary of a Mad Black Woman? If you haven't seen it, don't let the title scare you. Trust me, the title was well chosen. I have yet to watch this movie without crying. It is not a sappy love story or a heart breaking tear-jerker; it is one of the most incredible depictions of forgiveness and resurrection I have ever seen. The video link below will take you to my favorite part of the movie: a young soloist is allowed to sing with the church choir for the first time, an abused woman trades revenge for love, an abusive paraplegic STANDS and recognizes he needs Christ - up to this point in the song I am deeply moved and then the tears come - a drug-addicted mother returns to her family entering the church and the song in true gospel fashion with these words, "Just as I am, I'm in need of the blood of the Lamb... it's me Lord, I know I can't do this by myself, I surrender all!" 


Resurrection.

Jesus' ministry before his death and after and to this day is about resurrection. We cannot be saved from ourselves unless we stand and recognize Christ, call out to him and surrender all. Click the video link below for a truly inspirational church experience. Can you imagine if church - the whole Church - were this alive and honest?
Isn't that beautiful?


May your experience of holy week and Easter Sunday be filled with the light of resurrection, recognition, surrender, and grace.

No comments: