Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I highly recommend...

... this book.
I was given this book for Christmas in 2007 by a dear friend and mentor. It's beautiful. There are two prayers - morning and evening - for each day of the month and a special morning and evening prayer for Sunday. This past November, I began an attempt to read at least one of the daily prayers and each day that I actually do, I am that much more blessed. John Baillie's gift of words attune my soul to the presence of God. Often, I remember one short phrase from the prayer for that day and repeat it throughout the day. What a blessing. I highly recommend this book of prayers and leave you with the phrase I will carry with me today:

"In loving let me believe and in believing let me love; and in loving and in believing let me hope for a more perfect love and a more unwavering faith, through Jesus Christ my Lord."

No comments: