Friday, March 4, 2011

True story: A doggy "tale" : )

We have been wanting a sheep dog for some time now. They are hypo-allergenic, meaning they shed very little if at all, and are great with kids. We have really caught the dog fever lately as we dreamed out loud of taking our dog hiking, Jack playing with our dog in the backyard, Ryan taking our dog to the office for the day... our hopes literally turned into a dream.


One week ago today, I woke up from a dream and right away new I HAD to get to the animal shelter that day. Friday quickly turned into quite a busy day and I never had a chance to get to the shelter. Still unable to shake the feeling, I called the shelter 10 minutes to closing time. I told the lady on the other end that I had really wanted to make it in but had not been able and I just wanted to call and see if they had any English sheep dogs. The lady (clearly weirded out) said yes and asked how I knew that. I told her to please don't think I'm crazy, but I dreamed it. She told me to come in on Saturday and she would show me the dog. As it turns out, the reason she was weirded out is because the dog had just been brought in and no one knew she was there. Animals cannot be put up for adoption for a certain period of time to allow an owner (if there is one) to track down their animal. We went to see her on Saturday and fell in love in about 5 seconds. We adopted her on Monday; we're a dog family! She is shy but has not been abused, about 2 years old, doesn't bark or chew furniture, trained and warming up to us a little more every day, loves to go for walks and will even run along side you- she is exactly what we've hoped for in a dog! We are thrilled! 
Her name is St. Catherine, Caty for short. 
 Caty is the perfect dog for our family!

For more on St. Catherine, click here.

2 comments:

Andrea C. said...

Congrats! The picture of Jackson with her is just precious!!!!

cameron.michelle.reynolds said...

So adorable! I'd say that dog was picked for you.