Sunday, May 15, 2011

More Help Please

In my search for ideas from the "Please Help" blog last week, I have realized I am in search of two categories. My original appeal is to people who have experienced children's ministry themselves either as a child or now with their own child (children). I am so interested in your thoughts about how children can be reached!
The second group of people I now would like also to hear from: anyone who has worked with children in the church; any age group of children, paid children's worker or children's ministry volunteer, etc.

What have you learned about children in working with them in a church setting?

What have you learned about the church because of your work with children?

What is your biggest celebration in working with children in the church?

What is your biggest defeat in working with children in the church?

What advice would you offer to children's ministry volunteers?

What advice would you offer to children's ministry organizers?

What are your top three favorite resources you use (or have used) for children's ministry?

What do you do on Sunday morning to prepare for the children you will soon see?

In your opinion, what is the most positive effect a strong children's ministry can have on the life of a church?

*All comments are automatically anonymous. If you are comfortable in me knowing who you are, please type your name at the end of your comment. I appreciate your feedback!

2 comments:

Beth said...

K - I forwarded this to two of my good friends are are experienced and amazing at children's ministry. They are both rather busy this time of year, but I hope they can help you just a bit in this journey!! hope you are doing well!!

Dawn Coleman said...

I wish I could answer each question more specifically, but for now I will answer one- one of the best resources for CM training, vision, and encouragement for me was Childrens Pastors Conference. It is bit commercialized but if you can get past that the speakers are good, especially if you are just starting out.