Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sacred Companions: Part VI

You may be noticing that my list of shareable quotes has been getting shorter. The reason for this has zero relationship with the relevance of the progressing chapters. In fact, this book is making me consider what role I may have in my own person spiritual direction as well as what role I may play in spiritual direction in others' lives. The majority of the information in recent chapters has become experiential examples which has been so helpful, but not applicable unless shared as a whole. If I retyped entire examples (and thereby entire chapters) into my blog, David Benner might not appreciate that too much. Instead, I will recommend the book (again) and leave you with two simple questions seen in this chapter.

Chapter 6: A Portrait of the Process

What is happening in your prayer life? 
What do you think God is asking you at present?


*If you have ever read this book, please feel free to leave your favorite quotes as comments! I would love to see what spoke to you in each of the chapters.

No comments: